Sufi Meditation is an important part of Islamic spirituality. The Sufi tradition focuses on developing a personal relationship with God/Allah through self-knowledge and self-realization, It uses Zikr (prayers) and Muraqba (meditation) to empty the mind and heart of spiritual students. Meditation aims to balance, heal and enrich the practitioner to face life in a more spiritually empowered way and teaches your mind to stay still and quiet. It also helps strengthen your aura (electromagnetic field), your personality becomes more attractive energetically and negative vibes cannot affect your aura. It is also the means of healing the body and the mind with the light of the Divine
Here is a Simple and easy Sufi Meditation to feel relaxed and closer to God
- Close your eyes. Breathe normally a few times.
- Bring your awareness to the heart (Qalb), while thinking about God. Feel His Noor (pure white light ) in your heart.
- As you inhale, mentally repeat Allah, and feel that God’s lights are being transferred into your heart.
- As you exhale, mentally repeat Hu, and feel that the light of Hu is powerfully affecting your heart.
- Gradually increase the breathing rate to three to four times your normal speed, while keeping the same visualization and Allah’s name. Take deep but rapid breaths. The inhalation should be longer than the exhalation. The exhalation is a bit short and forceful.
- Practice for ten to 15 minutes every day.
- When you open your heart to the Divine it responds to you, making a habit of practicing meditation will bring remarkable changes and it will balance your mind-body, and soul.